Maxillofacial surgery Department
Surgery in dental practice is an important field in the treatment of many cases. Arab Dental Center provides all types of dental and maxillofacial surgeries ranging from simple teeth extractions to more complicated jaw fractures, tumor excisions, and plastic surgeries.
This part encounters simple surgical procedures that can be accomplished in the dental office at the Arab Dental Center under local anesthesia,
– Extraction (Removal) of badly broken teeth and remaining roots.
– Extraction of impacted wisdom (and other) teeth, which are considered as common cases that cause dental pain and other complications because of the inflammation of the gums overlying them.
– The surgical part of DENTAL IMPLANTS for the compensation of the lost teeth.
– The treatment of abscesses and cysts of dental origins are located in the jawbones.
– The treatment of salivary glands problems that cause mouth dryness (xerostomia) which can cause gum inflammation, dental cavities(caries), and bad breath odor ( halitosis).
– The removal of abnormal growths from the soft tissues in the mouth.
– Apicoectomy (the procedure of root tip cutting as a part of some types of root canal treatment).
This group of surgeries is usually performed in the hospital (by the Arab Dental Center surgeon); such procedures need to be done under general anesthesia or sedation. This includes:
– The surgical treatment of face and jaws fractures and traumas that arise from car accidents, falling from heights, gunshots, wars, and any other reasons.
– The removal of tumors in the face and jaws area.
– The treatment of congenital growth abnormalities (problems that the person born with) such as cleft lip and palate.
which include the surgical correction of jaws relations as a part of orthodontic treatment, when the bad jaw relations are beyond the ability of conventional orthodontic treatment